Finding the right contractor to help renovate your home can sometimes be a daunting task! You must attempt to sort out which contractors are trustworthy, and stand behind their work from the ones that will leave you in shambles, with unnecessary bills for work that is not at all satisfactory or done to code.
A new database has been created to allow general contractors, custom builders, renovators and trade contractors to better connect with Canadian homeowners seeking their services. This new database can be found on the RenoMark™ website. Only members of RenoMark™ are listed in the database and these RenoMark™ members have agreed to abide by a strict Code of Conduct that includes the following:
- Be a member in good standing of the Regina & Region Home Builders’ Association (RRHBA).
- Abide by the RRHBA Code Of Ethics
- Provide a detailed, written contract/scope of work for all jobs.
- Offer a minimum two-year warranty on all work (excludes minor home repair).
- Carry a minimum of $2 million liability insurance.
- Have coverage for workplace safety and employers’ liability and/or work only with subcontractors who carry such coverage.
- Carry applicable licenses and permits.
- Maintain a professional level of knowledge of current building codes, permit procedures, and technical skills through continuing education.
- Maintain a safe and organized worksite.
- Return phone calls within two business days.
Only licensed renovators can use the RenoMark™ logo for their business, and that is only after they have met the mandatory criteria.
To learn more about RenoMark™, and how to hire a RenoMark™ approved contractor in your area, visit www.RenoMark.ca.