- See a virtual tour of my listing on 704 Saskatoon Katepwa Beach, SK. fb.me/9vHnCGyt9 1 day ago
- I would love to show you my listing at 301 Assiniboia Francis, SK. fb.me/9aTXpRbpG 1 day ago
- I am looking for a buyer on 223 Millet Yellow Grass, SK. fb.me/8UN1kFcQ5 1 day ago
- I am looking for a buyer on 301 Assiniboia Francis, SK. fb.me/BtU2WiEU 2 weeks ago
- I would love to show you my listing at 704 Saskatoon Katepwa Beach, SK. fb.me/10rMckBFg 2 weeks ago
Category Archives: Mortgages
Starting Monday July 9th, 2012, lenders can only issue home equity loans up to a maximum of 80% of a property’s value — down from 85%.
The maximum amortization period also drops to 25 years from 30 years — giving borrowers less time to repay the debt in full.
In addition, the federal government is capping the maximum debt ratios for households and limiting government insurance to mortgages on homes with a purchase price of less than $1-million.
A poll conducted by Pollara for Bank of Montreal found only about half of those surveyed were familiar with the changes brought in by the federal government.
And only 45% of those surveyed June 29 to July 4 were aware that the maximum amortization period has been shortened by five years.
Read the full Leader Post article here!